I’m delighted to say that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow blogger Stephanie over at Bon Aperture !
Bon Aperture is a terrific food and photography blog by Arizona native Stephanie Logan. Check out her awesome stuff here.
If you haven’t heard of the Liebster Award before, let me fill you in: the Liebster Award is a peer-to-peer recognition intended to promote a sense of support and community among new bloggers.
The rules for the award vary across the internet but here’s what you should do if you’re nominated:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
And here’s the list of questions that Stephanie put to me:
- How many times a day did you check your stats when first starting your blog? Pretty darn frequently. But I was conflicted, since I wanted readers but I didn’t want my friends or colleagues to discover my blog. There’s some stuff I can be more open about with my identity under wraps 😉
- What’s an unusual bucket list item of yours? I’d have to say both #1 and #20 on my 30-before-30 list are a little unusual – successfully sabering a bottle of champagne, and, shooting a gun, respectively. Oddly, both involve weapons, huh…
- What’s a useless talent you have? I’m really good at leaving room for dessert.
- What is your all time favorite dessert? Well, this flows nicely from the previous question. I’m basically powerless under the thrall of well-prepared bread pudding.
- If money, time, and family wasn’t an issue where in the world would you go tomorrow? Easy. I’d check myself into The St. Sophia Suite of the Four Seasons in Istanbul, Turkey. It’s stunning, luxurious and exotic. It’s the kind of place that can transport you to another century.
- Dog or a cat person? Dogs! Must love dogs!
- When did you start writing? I’ve been writing on a regular basis for more than 10 years. I also work in news, so I write for a living.
- Why did you start a blog? I like the accountability of sharing my 30-before-30 project with others. It keeps me motivated.
- How did you pick your blog name? I wanted something pretty self-explanatory and I think I achieved that. Of course, I might run into some trouble if I continue blogging AFTER my 30th birthday…
- What is your favourite part about blogging? Writing about an experience can give you perspective and insight into things. It’s a real pleasure connecting with other bloggers and readers and getting ideas from them, too.
My nominees are:
- Following My Bliss
- Bye Bye Extra Pounds
- Ultimate Katie
- Starting Over In The Sound
- The Pursuit of Riches
My questions for my nominees to answer:
1. Why did you start writing a blog?
2. If you could live in any era or time period, what would it be?
3. Name one of your guilty pleasures.
4. What are three words that describe your attitude towards money?
5. What’s your strangest bucket list item?
6. Share a goal that you are working towards right now.
7. Morning person or nighthawk?
8. What’s next on your reading list?
9. If money were no object, what would you do or where would you go tomorrow?
10. How do you stay organized and productive?